Who is your favorite Storybrooke side character?
**This includes people who have shown up for more than one episode, but have not been in them all. Votes for people not on this list will not be counted.**
Here’s the long list:
- Archie Hopper
- August W. Booth
- Mr. Clark
- Sidney Glass
- Sheriff Graham
- Kathryn Nolan
- Mother Superior
- Dr. Whale
Results of yesterdays Polls:
Thank you for participating everyone! I really, really enjoyed this and I hope you did, too. Watch out for more polls and theory questions coming out later today! :)
Favorite Storybrooke side characters (in ranking order): Not a surprise here, but Jefferson took the lead with 20 solid votes! Taking second place is the ever lovely Ruby with 17 votes. In third place is our ruggedly handsome author, August with 7 votes. Tying for fourth place is Mr. Archie Hopper and
Hotty Sheriff Graham with 6 votes each. Leroy takes fifth place with 3 votes, leaving Sidney, Marco, Kathryn and Granny in last place with 1 vote each!
Favorite main Fairytale Land character (in ranking order): Rumpelstiltskin takes the lead with 18 votes in his favor. Next up is Snow White with 15 votes to her name. In third place, is our Prince Charming with 3 votes. Last, but certainly not least, is the Evil Queen with 2 votes.
Matt’s Inside Line: Will we be seeing Sidney/The Magic Mirror again?
Once Upon a Time | Now that magic has come to Storybrooke, will the Evil Queen be in need of her magic mirror? Because he might be a little busy given that Giancarlo Esposito (who also played Sidney Glass) is now a cast member on NBC’s Revolution. But in a pinch, “I think I can [pop up on Once],” the onetime Breaking Bad guy tells me. “And I would love to be able to do that. I am so happy about their pickup, because it’s a show my kids can watch! So you know I’m going to be trying to go back and forth.”
I had some fun this afternoon, as you can tell. When different versions collide!
Bonus Scene - I’m Your Friend, Too
Days to go until Premiere: 12 Days!
As most Oncers know, the characters in Storybrooke have very…creative names. Names that definitely deal with their fairytale counterparts. For some of us, deciphering their names is a source of entertainment.
Today I have for you a compilation of various Storybrooke characters’s names compared with their fairytale character.
——>Mary Margaret Blanchard
- 'Mary' meanings: “bitter”, “beloved,” “rebelliousness,” “wished for child”, “marine”.
- 'Margaret' meaning: “pearl”
- 'Blanche' (variation of Blanchard) meaning: “white”
"Snow White’s Storybrooke name, Mary Margaret, is possibly a play on the name of Margarete von Waldeck, a historical figure whose extremely similar story possibly inspired Snow White’s. Like Snow White, she was stunningly beautiful, had a bad relationship with her step mother, and died under suspicious circumstances of poisoning, though not by her already dead stepmother. Many other parallels exist between the two stories.
- Her name may also be a play on Maria Sophia Margaretha Catharina von Erthal, a woman who lived in the city of Lohr, the supposed birthplace of Snow White.
- When Snow White first meets Red she is asked what she wants to be called. Snow first suggested the name Margaret but then settled on Mary. These makeup her Storybrooke name: Mary Margaret.”
- 'David' meaning: “beloved”
- 'Nolan' meaning: “champion”
- King David, from the Bible, was a shepherd before becoming a king. He also slew a giant. Possibly a nod towards David, who was a shepherd before becoming a Prince.
- 'Regina' meaning: “queen”
- 'Mal' (sounds like Mills) meaning: “evil”
- Regina’s mother, Cora, was the daughter of a miller, maybe spawning the ‘Mills’.
——> Mr. Gold
- Literally connecting with his fairytale counterpart, Rumplestiltskin, who is known for spinning gold.
——> Emma Swan
- 'Emma' meaning: “entire”, “universal”
- The writers stated that her name is in reference to the Ugly Duckling story.
Want to read more? Check below the ‘read more’ cut for lots more names and meanings!
Giancarlo Esposito will set down Revolution baddie Tom Neville’s sword long enough to pay a return visit to Once Upon a Time this fall, TVLine has learned.
Esposito will appear in one of Season 3′s first episodes, though mum’s the word on which of his alter egos he will be playing — Storybrooke newspaper man Sidney Glass, the Evil Queen’s royally smitten Magic Mirror, or even the Genie of Agrabah.
Esposito recurred during Once‘s freshman season, upon completing his heralded run on Breaking Bad. When last seen, Sidney had been imprisoned by Regina, having botched the framing of Snow White for Kathryn’s “murder.”
The actor currently stars on NBC’s Revolution, and twice this past TV season guested on Community.
Giancarlo is the actor who plays Sidney Glass aka the Magic Mirror!
Giancarlo tweeted this a few months back. Sounds to me like we’ll be seeing him in SB, since we can’t find out what happened to him in flashbacks: